As we head into the summer season in Monterey County many of you will camp, hike and travel to see some amazing views. This year there is a huge influx of ticks. Here’s how to steer clear of these little guys and avoid the agony will I get (or do I have Lyme.
- Avoid heavy brush areas.
- Don’t trail blaze; stay on the path.
- Basic body check every 15 min while hiking
- Make sure your animals have the correct repellent on.
- Check your animals as soon as you return home and as often as possible.
- Remove all clothing when you get home and wash.
- The naked body check; don’t forget along the hairline, armpits, and behind the ears.
If you have been bitten by a tick and have any questions regarding it please don’t hesitate to call the office and make appointment today.
You must be logged in to post a comment.